Restoration in Meekness

I know some of you will be shocked by what I'm about to tell you, but I'm not perfect. I know, I know, unbelievable, right! People want to believe that everyone is perfect with no past sins, no life-altering choices, nothing that will change the way they look at someone. But the truth is we all have our issues, tests, choices that have or are or will change us and maybe even life as we know it.

•Bad things do happen to good people.
•Good people do make bad choices.

Our sins, to God, all look the same, black. Men categorizes sin; God does not. Restoring in meekness is not an easy task for us. It takes thought and work. We'd just as soon ban, ignore and gossip about people. But to be a Christ-follower we need to determine to obey what He teaches. Jesus himself restored followers. Peter and Thomas are two examples.

I didn't wait to serve Christ until man restored me. Not all did at the same time. Being restored in Christ is much more important. I have, however, strived to learn the meaning of restoration and meekness and apply it myself with others.

Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

No comments:

Post a Comment