Getting Over Myself

Once upon a time, a girl lived in her own little world. In her mind nothing else mattered except how she felt and what she wanted. She was pretty on the outside to most, but her actions were ugly, disrespectful and prideful.
Her motto seemed to be, "If I'm not happy, ain't nobody gonna be happy".
That girl was me.
Most people have had times like these I would imagine. Unfortunately, I lived that way for a good part of my life. What a huge waste of time. Even today that is a button the devil uses to get to my flesh. That was my drug, one could say. He likes to remind us of our old selves. Another reason to constantly check my armour. (Ephesians 6)
The Bible says that 'Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.' Proverbs 3:13 True happiness first begins when we have accepted Christ as our Savior, but it will continue to grow as we learn how to live according to God's word-not by our own way.
I had to get over myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment